AML Group is looking to add an ambitious and driven full stack wordpress developer to our development team. Our ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of WordPress, PHP5, HTML and other web technologies. You will be responsible for building wordpress applications from initialisation to deployment utilising industry leading modern development tools.
Collaborative coding experience or evidence of contribution to Open Source projects is a big plus; you will be helping to write technical documentation, so a good command of spoken and written English are essential. The ability to ‘read between the lines’ and embrace other teams (such as Creative and Account Management) in your problem solving are highly desirable.
For the right person, we are offering a competitive salary (depending on experience), and the opportunity to play a strong role within our fast moving and rapidly growing business. Reporting to our Lead Developer, you will have the freedom to help shape our development strategy, processes and technology stack.
As we are an advertising agency, you may be required to occasionally work extended hours. Our working environment is challenging and demanding, but we do try to make it fun. The successful candidate will be supported by a great team.
The essential criteria we’re looking for are:
- Experience developing WordPress custom plugins and themes
- Good PHP programming skills
- Experience working with the Bootstrap CSS framework
- Experience with front end build tools ( gulp, npm, yarn, webpack etc. )
- Experience with css preprocessors ( SCSS )
- Understanding of current web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JS, Composer)
- Good working knowledge of Git
- Comfortable working from the command line
- Must have experience working in an agency environment
- Capable of working from Central London offices based in Farringdon
- Applicant must be able to work legally in the UK
Non-essential (but extremely helpful) skills/attributes:
- Experience with the Roots technology stack (trellis, bedrock and sage)
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Some exposure to MVC Frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, Zend etc.) and the blade templating engine
- Experience in following a QA process
- Testing and validation
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of UI/UX